SEO and content marketing are two completely separate strategies, well in the eyes of marketing agencies at least. But contrary to this belief, they are actually very much interconnected and can help each other.
Without high-quality content, you can’t get the full benefits that SEO provides your business.
If your website has useful and inspiring then your website visitors are more likely to stay for longer. This results in a positive impact on your search rankings.
With all that said, here are some other key benefits content has on SEO:
- Good quality content generates more link clicks, thus better rankings on search engines
- Helps you generate more backlinks. The more quality backlinks you have, the higher you are likely to rank on Google.
- You are able to incorporate keywords. But make sure that you strategically use your keywords as this will aid you when competing with other brands from your industry.
- It provides a great user experience.
And guess what? We’re also going to give you some tips on how to improve your content. Carry on reading for more.
- Identify what your customers are looking for
So if you know you’re audience, or desired customer base, struggle with creative inspiration. Give them exactly that. Write inspirational blogs and share links on social media to influential creative work.
- Choose a tempting topic
This slightly relates to the previous point, but find something to talk about that you know will engage your audience. So this could be something from your industry or even a trending topic in the latest news.
- Evaluate what your competitors are doing
This is easy enough. Simply type into Google, or Twitter even, a topic you are wanting to cover. See what is being posted, analyse their weaknesses then use this as an opportunity to write your own but better!
- Headlines matter
Your content might be the best of the bunch, but your audience will never know if they don’t want to read it. Grab their attention with an exciting headline, one that will entice them to read whatever you have to say.
- Check it one, then check it again
The last thing you want is your content going out unpolished. Before you shout about it to the world make sure there are no grammar or punctuation errors.
For more advice on content marketing, contact us on 07715 411 159.
Or you can follow us on social media: